Feedback & Complaints Policy;
We welcome comments and suggestions about the services we offer. It is when you tell us that the service is not working quite right or not quite of the standard you expect that we can do something about the situation.
We recommend that you contact the Secretary, who will notify the Director or the Trustees as appropriate regarding your views. The Director or Trustees will act upon this as appropriate and inform you of any action taken within 14 working days of receipt.
If you prefer to put your comments and suggestions in writing, then you can email us at email@example.com with the subject matter of “comments/suggested improvements”. This email inbox is regularly monitored and your email will be responded to promptly confirming receipt and informing you to whom the email has been passed on to.
If the matter raised involves another member of the A Project staff, it will remain confidential and be dealt with in an anonymous fashion.
There may be an occasion when you wish to make a formal complaint. We aim to resolve these as quickly and efficiently as possible in a personal, fair and confidential way.
If wish to make a formal complaint, please follow the steps below:
1. Write to, or arrange to see the Director. The Director will be able to visit you at home if you wish. Another person may write or call on your behalf and be with you when you meet the Director, but they must not be your legal representative. (If you are receiving services from the A Project, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject matter of “Formal Complaint”. This email inbox is regularly monitored and your email will be responded to promptly confirming receipt and informing you that the matter has been passed to the Director.)
2. If the complaint is about the Director, then a written complaint will be forwarded to the Trustees of the A Project. If it is a verbal complaint, the staff member receiving it will record it and forward the record to the Trustees.
3. Your complaint will be acknowledged within three working days.
4. The complaint remains confidential and will be recorded in an anonymous fashion in the A Project complaints record.
5. We will investigate your complaint and give you a written response within 28 days working days.
If you are not satisfied with the response:
You can request that the complaint and any decision made about the complaint should be reviewed. The review will be undertaken by the Director (unless the Director has been involved prior to the review) in which case the A Project Trustees will review the complaint.
You will be invited to attend the review, and you are welcome to bring a friend or relative with you, but not your legal representative.
The secretary will send you a copy of its recommendations, and A Project board of trustees will receive a confidential summary of your complaint in order to monitor how the complaints procedure is working.
If you are still not satisfied with the response:
Many of the A Project’s services are regulated by the College of Mediators (CoM).
If your complaint relates to a service, which is registered with the College of Mediators, then you may contact them on the details below:
College of Mediators, Unit 1, 41 Old Birley Street, Manchester, M15 5RF
Telephone: 0845 65 85 258
If your complaint relates to a service, which is registered with the RJC, then you may contact them on the details below:
Restorative Justice Council, Canterbury Court, Unit CC3.14, 1-3 Brixton Road, London Sw9 6DE
Telephone: 020 7831 5700
If your complaint relates to a service, which is registered with the NCVO, then you may contact them on the details below:
National Council for Voluntary Organisations, Society Building, 8 All Saints Street, London N1 9RL
Telephone: 020 7713 6161
If your complaint relates to a service, which is registered with the IoF, then you may contact them on the details below:
Institute of Fundraising, Charter House, 13-15 Carteret Street, London SW1H 9DJ
Telephone: 020 7840 1000